WELCOME TO THE GRATEFUL DOG
CARING FOR FIRST RESPONDERS' DOGS
Looking for a safe, fun place to care for your dog while you're away? You've come to the right place! Conveniently located on Highway 101 in Greenbrae/Corte Madera (near Trader Joe’s), The Grateful Dog is excited to now be serving the North Bay Area, in addition to our San Francisco location. We take pride in positive-reinforcement dog training, supervised play indoor and outdoor, and a cageless, kennel-free environment. We are based in Greenbrae and serve the entire Marin area, including Mill Valley, Corte Madera, Larkspur, San Rafael, Novato, and the surrounding areas. Last minute drop-offs are welcome and we have no weight restrictions. If you’re visiting San Francisco or the wine country for the day or just want to socialize your furry friend while you’re at work give us a call! Come one, come all! To top it off, we will soon be open on weekends too (7 days a week/365 days a year.) We take the “environmentally-friendly business” badge seriously, and are committed to using only biodegradable, non-toxic products. We’ll supply your dog with filtered water and organic treats and will administer medication or cater to special needs at no additional charge. Our pet services benefit not only your pet, but the animals around the county of Marin – We continue to donate a portion of our proceeds to help local animal shelters, foundations, and rescue centers where care is needed most.
While your pet lounges at our doggy daycare, they will be stimulated with bright colors, scientifically-produced music for dogs, toys and all the comforts of home – not to mention other dogs of similar size and temperament to socialize in a group setting. Each dog in our care receives playtime and one-on-one time with one of our experienced handlers, mini-massages, time outdoors with occasional walks to the waterfront. Throughout the day our handlers will work with your dog using positive-reinforcement training techniques to learn basic commands or to iron-out undesirable behaviors. Our mission is to smother our dogs with care, attention and engagement so that they go home a “better” dog than when they arrived. We do our best to make sure all dogs go home ready to snooze with smiles of contentment on their furry faces. Your dog says it all when they make a b-line to our front door on return!
There are a few steps to take before your furry friend can come to dog daycare or dog boarding. We require the following for your dog:
- First-Time Visit/Temperament Evaluation – During this assessment we will have the opportunity to meet your dog and discuss his or her history. We will introduce your dog to members of our canine community and determine if they’re a good fit. We will also go over policies, the doggy boarding setup, and answer any questions you may have.
- We require all dogs to be current on vaccinations for Rabies, DHPP and Bordetella.
- For puppies we require Bordetella and at least the 2nd round of DHPP
- To not be aggressive or extremely dominant.
- To not be an excessive barker
- To be using an effective flea and tick treatment.
- To have a suitable collar or harness with proper identification tags.
- To be licensed in the jurisdiction they reside in
- To be spayed or neutered if over 6 months of age
Please call us at 415-563-2275 (use 415-945-9663 for Marin location) to set up a time you and your four-legged pal can come in for a First-Time Visit. You can download our application form below or fill one out when you come in.